Monday, August 24, 2009

Irony

I was browsing through a name-your-child-book just for the fun of it and found that (by a little searching and manipulation) that my name means the Princess of the Ball. Sarah in Hebrew is Princess and Marie in Japanese is ball. SO I put the two together and became what I have always wanted to be. I totally avoided the fact that Marie in Hebrew really means Bitter. Ok... the irony is so thick here that you can cut it with a knife. The Bitter Princess...sounds like a bad children's book. So I'm going with being Japenese for a while.
Growing up the Princess of the Ball was never a discription that fit me well. I was awkward, totally opposite of graceful, very talkative, clumsy in such a way that provided many laughs and well... just never the belle of the ball. So when I saw the description of my name, I had to laugh. The irony being, ten years later, nothing has changed. I've grown up in many ways however, who you are and what your life is always stays with you. But if you are looking for someone who is depressed or disappointed, you will not find it here. I love to laugh but, ironically, now I have to laugh at myself and know my life is fabulous!
So instead of being a Bitter Princess I am going to be the Princess of the Ball...my Prince Charming just has to deal with how irony is going to be stepping all over his toes during our dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment